Game Viewing and Birding
* Xakanaxa is located in the heart of the Moremi Game Reserve, rated as one of Africa’s most beautiful game reserves, offering sanctuary to abundant herds of elephant, buffalo, giraffe, lechwe, wildebeest, impala, waterbuck, sable antelope and much, much more. Lion, leopard, cheetah, wild dog and hyena complete the picture.
* Birding is quite spectacular, especially during spring and summer when the migrants breed.
*Road – 140kms from Maun on sandy roads suitable for four wheel drive vehicles only. Approximately four hours drive.
* Air – Commercial flights to Maun and Kasane airports for further private charter to private airstrip
* Airlines operating scheduled flights to Botswana are Air Botswana and Air Namibia. There are various airlines that land at Gaborone or Livingstone in Zambia from where a charter may be organised
Xakanaxa Airstrip Details
* The Xakanaxa Airstrip operated by the Department of Wildlife is located a 15 minute drive from camp
* Return transfers are included in the nightly rate
* Licensed for aircraft up to a maximum weight of 2300kg MAUW (maximum all up weight), and can take aircraft from Cessna 206 to Grand Caravan
* Airstrip coordinates:
* Airstrip length: 1000m
* Foreign registered aircraft are charged P250.00 parking fee per day by the Department of Wildlife
Xakanaxa Airstrip to Xakanaxa Camp Road Transfer.
A road transfer of approximately 15 minutes to camp.
* To/from Maun: 25 minutes
* To/from Kasane: 70 minutes
* Kasane to Victoria Falls: 20 minutes but allow additional time for customs and immigration