5 RIVERS SAFARIS SPECIAL PACKAGES (Valid 01 December 2012- 31 March 2013)
The idea of the 5 Rivers Safari originated with 4 companies who have common core beliefs about wildlife and conservation in Africa. Not only do each of the 5 Rivers partners have an excellent reputation for service excellence and attention to detail in their respective areas, but own and operate properties which in combination with each other are guaranteed to offer the very best safari experience in these niche regions of Southern Africa.
Visitors to Southern Africa aim to do 3 things on average:
- Visit Cape Town and surrounds
- Visit the Victoria Falls
- Undertake a safari
Cape Town is the big driver of tourism into Southern Africa and is a summer market (October to April), the South African safari lodges are busiest in the rainy season due to Cape Town’s driving the market. This means, consequently, that their highest prices are levied when the safari experience is at it’ s lowest. The 5 Rivers areas on the other hand, have the lowest rates during this period (December- March).
While the 5 rivers area is also a summer rainfall season, it is part of the Kalahari Desert, with mean annual rainfall from 375mm in the Deception Valley Lodge area and up to 475mm in the Caprivi Strip and Chobe areas. On the other hand the game rich areas of South Africa receive an average of 650 –675 mm of rain. 5 Rivers offers a quality safari experience at a fraction of the price of South Africa for the December to March period.
Most people have a misguided view of the Secret Season or “Rainy Season” (December to end March). A lesser-known fact is that the 5 -Rivers areas have just about half the amount of rainfall during the same summer period as the Greater Kruger National Park. The rainfall in these areas is typically in the form of quick thunderstorms, which usually occur in the late afternoon and last about an hour or so. The other misconception is that game or wildlife viewing is poor at this time, and difficult to see – all 5 Rivers camps and lodges are situated within prime game viewing locations and their expert rangers and trackers go to great lengths to maximise sightings. In the summer months the vegetation is a sea of green, wild flowers can be seen everywhere and all mammals and birds have their young. The bush is alive - Africa is at its most productive!!
So the big idea is simply illustrated as follows:
- Visit Cape Town
- Do a 5 rivers safari
These are the areas 5 Rivers packages offer:
- The Victoria Falls from Zambia
- The world renowned Chobe elephant experience from a boat
- The Caprivi Strip
- The Kwando Linyanti system
- The Okavango Delta
- The Kalahari Desert in summer
- Nxai Pan National Park
The Camps and Lodges:
- Xakanaxa Camp – 12 luxury tents in the Moremi Game Reserve – wildlife haven inside the Okavango Delta
- Kwara - 8 luxury tents in the Okavango Delta - world’s largest inland delta – wildlife and water paradise
- Kwando Lebala – 8 luxury tents in the Kwando/ Linyanti – big game country with consistent wild dog and large predator sightings
- Kwando Lagoon – 8 luxury tents in the Kwando/ Linyanti – big game country with consistent wild dog and large predator sightings
- Nxai Pan – 8 luxury suites (one family room) in the spectacular Nxai Pan National Park – at its best during the 5 rivers season.
- Tau Pan – 8 luxury suites (one family room) the first official lodge inside the stunning Central Kalahari Game Reserve.
- Ntwala Island Lodge – 4 ultra luxury suites in the Chobe Area – offering the worlds best boat based game viewing on the Chobe and Zambezi River
- Stanley Safari Lodge - 10 private cottages bordering the Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Park, with a view over the spray of the Victoria Falls in a distance
The camps and lodges are operated by four independent companies ensuring that each camp retains its own individuality and charm, whilst offering guests something unique and different at each location. The largest camp - Xakanaxa Camp sleeps 24 guests, while the smallest, Ntwala Island Lodge, sleeps 8. All accommodations are en-suite with hot and cold water and all amenities necessary for a comfortable stay.
The Camps and Lodges combined offer a spectacular array of activities at no additional charge:
These include game cruises on Chobe River, bird watching at all locations, Afro botanical walks, fishing, day and night drives in several different eco systems, bush walks, boat based game watching on various river systems, mokoro trips and Bushman walks.
The 5 Rivers Packages are subject to the following conditions:
- Minimum 3 nights booked at one camp or lodge
- Minimum of 4 nights at any two camps or lodges
- Several package options are available please contact us for a quote or a list of recommended tour operators in your home country: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The prices are fully inclusive, and offer incredible value for money all accommodation, meals, scheduled game activities, local brand drinks, laundry and park fees where applicable included.